We’re here to demystify brewing a good coffee and to strip it back to basics, so that everyone can be confident of getting a barista-quality brew at home.
The Cafetière, or French Press, is an easy way to brew coffee for a group, while providing a delicious aroma.
To learn how to brew using a Cafetière, follow the steps in the article below. You can also watch our 90-second fool-proof brewing video.
Cafetière not your style? Then take a look at one of our many other brew guides for your perfect cup.
We recommend freshly ground coffee for all brews - save on your coffee with a Fireheart Subscription.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 65g of coarsely ground coffee (think sea salt)
- One litre of filtered water
- Cafetière with a one litre capacity
- Place your ground coffee into the bottom of the Cafetiere and add one litre of water just off the boil. You might be tempted to stir the coffee, DON’T DO IT!
- Start the timer and wait four minutes, a crust of coffee should form on top of the water
- Stir the coffee with a teaspoon to break the crust and wait a further four minutes.
- At six minutes you can plunge and serve
Pro tip: only plunge half way, this will prevent coffee grounds and sediment ending up in your cup
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: We recomend a brew ratio of 1:15, for every gram of coffee you will need 15g of water. If you have smaller French press you can still use this method with an adjusted ratio.