Specialty coffees are those with a Quality Score of more than 80 points from the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCA). The Quality Score is based on a scale of 100 and is judged by licenced Q Graders on a variety of factors, which include sweetness, acidity, balance, mouthfeel and flavour.
Our hand-roasted, specialty coffees are available in 250g or 1kg bags starting at £7.83 each (including P&P) when you set up a recurring subscription.
You can also make a one-off purchase on bags of coffee through our online store, from £8.95.
We only charge you on the day of dispatch, so if you delay your order before the shipping date, you won’t be charged.
Our coffee is best enjoyed within 6 weeks of the roast date listed on the bag. But remains fresh for up to 3 months.
We recommend keeping your Fireheart coffee in a cool, dry place, away from heat or direct sunlight. Make sure to always keep it sealed in its bag, or in an airtight container.
Unfortunately, FairTrade can often simply mean paying coffee farmers the cost of producing the coffee and little else, that’s why we will always pay 50% above the rate of Fair Trade, and sometimes more. Paying more for quality is key to incentivising sustainable farming best practices and really making a difference.
Gaining organic certification is cost prohibitive for many farmers even though they operate using natural farming practices. We work closely with farms that produce exceptional coffee whilst supporting their local communities and the surrounding ecosystem within which they farm.
With all this in mind it is our intention to work towards Soil Association organic certification in 2021, watch this space.
All of our coffee is sourced seasonally from sustainable farms around the world.
We always have a minimum of 5 coffees at Fireheart, we believe in quality not quantity. We only source coffee when in season, so the number of coffees we offer will depend on this.
Yes, we sell decaf beans that have been processed using natural methods.
First, the beans are steamed and washed with water to increase moisture content.Then they get a ‘fermented sugar bath’ dissolving the caffeine, before being washed again and carefully dried. This preserves the beans original flavour, and can often increase sweetness in the cup, which is why we here at Fireheart have selected it over other methods.
This is the roast date of your Fireheart coffee which will be tasting great up to six weeks after this date.
Yes, absolutely! You can have fresh roasted seasonal coffee delivered to your home, office and place of work via our subscription service every week, fortnightly or monthly. You can pause, resume, change frequency or cancel anytime and postage and packing is free within the UK and Channel Islands
Yes, using your membership login details you can pause, resume and increase your subscription at your convenience.
Yes, using your membership login details you can increase your subscription at your convenience.
Our subscription service is ongoing until cancelled.
By using your Fireheart login details you can pause, resume and cancel your subscription at your convenience.
Our pods are suitable for use with domestic drop through Nespresso® machines only, excluding professional machines, 'built in' models and the new Vertuo range.
Fireheart pods are designed to produce a 25ml (short) to 35ml (long) espresso shot.
Most pod machines are pre-programmed for Nespresso pods that produce anything from a 40ml (short) -110ml (long) therefore it's important you refer to your machine user manual to adjust the settings and recalibrate your machine, to avoid disappointment with the output.
If you have any questions, then contact us here.
The pod and lid are made from Vegemat a 100% bio-sourced material, 100% compostable and 100% plastic free that can be placed in your local authority food waste collection scheme for Industrial Composting. The pods will be broken down in between 6 to 9 weeks to become compost.
With that in mind you can put the pods in your home composter, but it may take 10 weeks to breakdown. This will depend on the temperature of your compost heap, the size and the microclimate.
All our other packaging including the pod box can be recycled in your paper recycling.
Fireheart Nespresso® Compatible Compostable Coffee Pods are hand roasted in London and ground and packaged in a protective environment for freshness.
Each capsule is individually protectively sealed and will have an 18-month shelf life from the roast date. Please check the box which the pods are shipped in for the best before date.
Like most dried goods we recommend storing your pods in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Why not keep them in the Fireheart box they live in, so you get a pop of colour each time you open your cupboard.
Yes, you can - so you never need to run out again!
On the product page, select the ‘Subscribe & Save' option and set the delivery frequency for your pods. You will receive 15% off your order when you subscribe and save + free delivery.
If you have any questions then do get in touch with us here
Yes, we can organise fresh seasonal Fireheart coffee for your office in the most convenient package for your requirements, be it Fireheart pods, fresh ground filter coffee or a bean to cup machine, please contact us here as we would love to talk to you about our coffee.
Refunds and returns
At Fireheart we are dedicated to providing fresh seasonal coffee of the highest quality, as well as coffee-related goods and services. If you are not entirely happy with what you’ve received from us or feel we haven’t lived up to our values please contact us here.
As coffee is a natural product that is perishable and is roasted to order, we are unable to accept returns on coffee orders. If there has been an error with your order, please contact us here within 14 days of your purchase.
We aim to dispatch all orders placed before 8am (Mon-Thurs) within 48 hours. If you place your order by 8am on a Friday we aim to dispatch by Tuesday morning. If you place your order over the weekend, we aim to dispatch by Wednesday morning.
Unfortunately, we can only deliver within the UK and Channel Islands currently.
If you order coffee beans or ground coffee through our subscription service you won’t have to be around when your order is delivered - our coffee bags have been custom made to fit into almost any letterbox!
1kg coffee bags and our pods are unfortunately not letterbox compatible.
If you have queries, run into problems with your order or have any questions that we haven’t been able to answer, please contact our team here. We will respond to all emails within 48 hours or sooner!
All of our prices include free delivery within the UK and Channel Islands, once dispatched, our orders usually arrive within 3-5 working days.
Royal Mail have been working hard to ensure as many packages as possible turn up on time during the pandemic, However they are experiencing some delays due to lower staff levels and a higher level of online orders.
If you are living outside of the UK please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to calculate your shipping costs.
While most of our packages are delivered within 3-5 days of dispatch, some are taking a little longer to arrive in certain areas. We thank you for your patience, and encourage you to email email@example.com if you’re experiencing delays or have any other questions.
These are the rules which apply to your participation in our Facebook Sweepstakes and Prize Draws. By submitting your entry, you agree to these rules and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, please do not submit your entry.
1. The promoter of the prize draw is Fireheart Coffee.
3. The prize draw is open to UK residents only, excluding Fireheart Coffee employees, their immediate family, or any person or company associated with any sweepstakes or prize draws.
4. Entry for this prize draw is as per the instructions on the Facebook or Instagram post relating to the giveaway.
5. Late, invalid or incomplete entries will not be considered and we accept no responsibility for lost entries.
6. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. Fireheart Coffee reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at any time.
7. The result is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
8. The prize draw closes on the date specified. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
9. The winner/s will be chosen at random by software and will be notified either through Facebook or Instagram's direct messaging system or via comment within 7 days after the closing date and will be asked to reply within 7 days of being notified to claim their prize.
10. Please ensure your privacy settings on Facebook or Instagram allow us to message you. If the winners' privacy settings mean we are unable to inform them of their prize through Facebook's messaging system and they do not respond to comments informing them of the prize on the post itself, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another randomly selected entrant. If the winners do not respond within 7 days of our Facebook or Instagram notification, we reserve the right to offer the prize to a runner-up or to re-offer the prize in a future competition or draw.
11. Any personal contact information you supply will be used only for the purposes of administering the sweepstake
12. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the sweepstake and the prize due to any circumstances that arise beyond our control.
13. The sweepstake and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.