We’re here to demystify brewing a good coffee and to strip it back to basics, so that everyone can be confident of getting a barista-quality brew at home.
For an expert AeroPress, follow the steps in the article below, or—for extra foolproof-ness—take a look at our 90-second brewing video that shows you how to make the perfect cup.
AeroPress not your style? Then take a look at one of our many other brew guides for your perfect cup.
We recommend freshly ground coffee for all brews - save on your coffee with a Fireheart Subscription.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 15g of finely ground coffee (think table salt)
- 250g of filtered water
- AeroPress & paper filters
- Sturdy coffee mug
- Place two filter papers into the filter basket and rinse with water just off the boil, be careful not to scald yourself
- Place the plunger into the AeroPress and invert so the filter basket can be screwed on when ready
- Add your ground coffee to the bottom of the AeroPress
- Taking care not to knock the AeroPress over, start your timer and pour 200g of water, this should almost fill the chamber. A crust of coffee should form on top of the water
- At two minutes break the crust with a teaspoon and screw on the basket with paper filters
- Place your coffee mug over the filter basket upside down
- Holding the mug with one hand and the AeroPress with the other, carefully invert and begin the plunge
- Once all the water has run through the coffee you will hear a hissing sound
- Remove the AeroPress from your coffee mug and add an additional 50g of water to your brew, this can be hot or cold depending on what temperature you prefer to drink your coffee.
- Serve and enjoy!