We’re here to demystify brewing a good coffee and to strip it back to basics, so that everyone can be confident of getting a barista-quality brew at home.
The V60 has many names - drip filter, pour over, Kalita, Melita, Hario - the list goes on. And with the right steps, it can create a cracking brew.
Follow our guide below, or watch our 90-second fool-proof video to learn how.
Moka Pot not your style? Then take a look at one of our many other brew guides for your perfect cup.
We recommend freshly ground coffee for all brews - save on your coffee with a Fireheart Subscription.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 15g of Medium-fine ground coffee (between sea salt and table salt)
- 250g of filtered water
- V60 dripper & paper filters
- Kettle (Gooseneck)
- Your favourite coffee mug
- Place the paper filter into the dripper and the dripper on top of your coffee mug
- Rinse the paper filter with water just off the boil, this prevents your coffee tasting papery. Discard the water in your cup
- Place your ground coffee into the V60 and begin your pour with 50g of water
- Give the coffee a gentle stir with a teaspoon to make sure all the grounds are wet
- Continue your pour slowly up to a total of 250g
- Once you have finished pouring give the dripper a gentle tap on the top of your mug, this helps push all the grounds stuck on the sides of the filter to the bottom
- Wait for all the water to draw down and enjoy
Pro tip: You should aim for a total brew time of between 2-3 minutes with a nice flat bed of coffee at the bottom of the filter.
- Serve and enjoy!