We’re here to demystify brewing a good coffee and to strip it back to basics, so that everyone can be confident of getting a barista-quality brew at home.
The brew from a Moka Pot can be delicious when done right, with a full-bodied, intense taste. Follow our guide to learn how to perfect it, or if you prefer, check out our fool-proof 90-second brewing video.
Moka Pot not your style? Then take a look at one of our many other brew guides for your perfect cup.
We recommend freshly ground coffee for all brews - save on your coffee with a Fireheart Subscription.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Finely ground coffee (think table salt)
- Filtered water
- Moka pot
- Tea towel
- Stove or hob
- The kitchen sink
- Boil the kettle and pour into the water chamber, filling to just below the safety valve
- Add your ground coffee to the Moka Pot basket, filling it to the very top
- Level off the ground coffee but DON’T compact it down
- Place the basket into the water chamber
- Using a tea towel to hold the water chamber screw on the brew chamber
- Place your coffee mug over the filter basket upside down
- Place onto the stove or hob at a medium temperature
- Once the coffee begins to brew wait for a gurgling sound, when you hear this remove the Moka Pot from the hob and immediately run the water chamber under the cold tap in your kitchen sink.
- Serve and enjoy!